- directing the work of the Assistant Director
- maintaining the website
- managing mailing lists, a newsletter, and member communications
- maintaining contact with chapters and organizing committees, and facilitating chapter growth
- maintaining contact with affiliates around the programmatic agenda outlined by the Board
- representing H+ and transhumanism in the media and other outlets (such as seminars and conferences)
Preference will be given to prospects with strong written and verbal communication skills and for those who are experienced and capable public speakers. Fluency in English is essential, with other world languages a plus. Candidates must be prepared to be the “public face” of Humanity+.
Location is irrelevant as the candidate will be expected to telecommute. The position is currently voluntary. However, there are prospects that fundraising will enable some level of compensation in the coming year (part of the responsibilities of the Executive Director will be to make this happen).
It is also expected that the Executive Director will attend conferences, seminars and other networking opportunities. The ED will be reimbursed for these expenses.
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2009.
A final decision will be made by May 25, 2009, and the position will begin June 1, 2009.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org